- 2. We focus on the logical- God says that My ways are not your ways. Here are some wrong questions that we try to reason around God's will.
- Wouldn't God want us to be happy?
- Wouldn't God want us to be safe?
- Wouldn't God want us to be secure?
- Wouldn't God want us to be successful?
Here's how we get side tracked from obeying God.
1. We trust in ourselves (abilities, resources, talents, or ideas)
Numbers 13:17 - Moses sent them to spy out the land of Canaan and said to them, "Go up into the Negev and go up into the hill country and see what the land is, and whether the people who dwell in it are strong or weak, whether they are strong or weak, few or many, poor or bad."
What would be wrong with everything being planned out?"
3. We listen to the wrong people. Numbers 13:31 - Then the men who had gone up with him said, "we are not able to go up against the people, for they are stronger than we are".
4. We forget what the Lord has done in the past. Numbers 14:11 "...and how long will they not believe in me, in spite of all the signs that I have done among them? Joel 2:21 Fear not, O land: Be glad and rejoice, For the Lord has done marvelous things!...
5. We forget who God is. Rev. 4:11 "Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created." Luke 1:37 "For nothing will be impossible with God."
Numbers 13 (by Earl Seals, N2 Publishing)