1.Quietly - Let us wait quietly upon God, and place our confidence in Him. (Psalm 62:5)
2. Patiently - Be still in God's presence, and wait patiently for Him to act. (Psalm 37:7)
3. Expectantly - (Psalm 105:5) Remember His miracles, wonders, and decisions.
4. Watchfully - I will look to see what He will say to me. (Hab. 2:1c NIV) God's voice is usually visual. An idea in your mind. If you know the right channel, you can tune into pictures on your TV. God too speaks to us with mental pictures in our mind. It's not weird.
In Psalm Asaph said, "Until I entered the sanctuary of God. Then I saw the whole picture: the slippery road you've put them on, with a final crash in a ditch of delusions (Psalm 73:16:17 MSG)."
5. Write your prayers down - Start writing your prayers down. When you write them down you are praying them, when you read them you are praying them, and when you speak them you are praying them. This is called Journaling, and is what David is doing in much of the Book of Psalm. People love to read journals, and learn from your mistakes.
6. Worship - Thank God for speaking to you in faith beforehand(Hab. 3:2).
(taken from Rick Warren notes)